Thursday, October 18, 2012

Parkview Library Video Intro!


Parkview Library a video by Ardent Librarian on Flickr.
MovieMaker was fairly easy to use. I didn't do so well on neatly splitting and trimming, but getting a basic video up and running was almost painless. I didn't save at first and lost my first attempts, but I won't make that mistake again. For now I avoided JayCut after hearing LIBE 477 peers struggling with that software. I'll graduate into that one perhaps when MovieMaker doesn't seem like enough.

I didn't find the uploading the video to my blog particularly easy. I wanted to just embed the file from my computer, but ended up having to create yet another account "Windows Live" so that I could publish it to flickr. At that point posting this video to a new blog post was fairly easy, BUT I want to embed the video along the Parkview Library Blog sidebar as somehow an "About the Parkview Library" so it's easy for students to return to or new viewers to see it. I'll figure that out eventually. Peers suggest away, however, if you have solutions. S

1 comment:

  1. Well, I either uploaded my early attempt at the video or none of my edited features came through. I think it is the former issue. Goodness technology is humbling!

    ReplyDelete